Thursday, September 7, 2017

BBQ

It goes against the basics of this blog but here is the bbq sauce I sometimes enjoy on any sort of pig meat, if I am missing being able to have a hot dog:

1 diced onion
1 diced garlic clove
1 Tb paprika
1 Tb Original Tabasco Sauce (McIlhenny Co.)
8 oz tomato sauce
dash or three black pepper
1/2 C dark honey (I use wildflower honey from 1980)

It goes against the basics of this blog but here is a recipe I enjoy:

black beans
canned corn
chopped cilantro OR parsley, either one, not both
fresh avacado
gourmet vinigar - just a dash
some fresh purple onion

It's a recipe, but really not too fancy.  For me, anyway.  You can also add some carrot, cooked or not.  Or anything else you want.  My wife has made something like it only a little more fancy, for years but the above recipe is what I enjoyed last night.  Try lime juice instead of vinegar, if you like.