Thursday, September 7, 2017

Red Meat

For the past 20 years (don't blink - it goes quick), standard USDA beef consumption has always caused the tendons in my knees and elbows to hurt and ache.  Inflammation, I think they call it.
Natural grass-fed, free-range beef, and venison have had absolutely none of this effect on me.
Now that I am 57 (it's been going on since just this year), my right hip has been really sore like my knees and elbows get when I eat USDA Red.  It's pretty bad.  My wife has a USDA roast in the crockpot right now.  I think I shall forego tasting it, and cook me some chicken for tonight.  And I hope that, unlike my mother, who became an invalid when she was 60 because her hip joints disappeared, I will be able to continue my hard labor to which I am accustomed, running up and down all these Pittsburgh hills and stairs in my house.  In addition to my dietary measures, I use Melaleuca Inc.'s Replenex and Replenex Extra Strength.
I clearly recall that my mother was especially in the greatest pain whenever she ate red meat, and she became affected right about the time they started dicking with the beef, which was mid-1970s from what I am told.  Her hips gave out in 1977.  I could be wrong about the timing, I don't know.  But I believe that in 1972, beef was still beef.