Sunday, June 14, 2009

Beautiful Day

Today is green and fresh and bright. My neighborhood looked and felt the way my neighjborhood in 1964 did, before it decayed into something a little rougher. Jim and Rosie's place down on the corner especially contributes to this ambiance.

I had a breakfast to go with all that - so good that I could not pass up posting about it.

I made juice from carrots, ginger, a pile of wheat grass with wheat on the top and broccoli. Then I went upstairs and had some raw pumkin seeds and fresh romaine. Romaine is high in chromium, you know - so much so, I may not even need the yeast I have been buying. Then I walked down the road slowly in the sun, eating a chunk of cucumber Emma had been gnawing on. It tasted so good, I had to stop and comment to the yard sale patrons and clerk, "I was just thinking, why do people drink beer when they could be eating a cucumber?? Mmmm Mm! It's so good!"

Anyway, that's all I had, and let me tell you, I have never had anything hit the spot so well. It seemed to me that the goodness and strength that flowed into my body from that felt to my body the way my baptism felt to my spirit when I was young.

So as you may have noticed, it has been quite a while since I have used (needed) insulin or test strips. Yay!