Monday, September 14, 2009

Fasting in the Evenings Is Key

On my bad days, I eat late and then stay up late getting back to stable. Sometimes when extenuating circumstances make me later than 6:00 p.m. for supper, or miss supper altogether, I just fast all evening and night. However, more often, I have said I'm hungry darn it and I have eaten and broken the 6:00 p.m. rule.

On good days, I have most often seemed to naturally want my last meal of the day at 4:00-5:00 p.m. Some days I have even messed that up by eating another meal later purely out of incredulity, not hunger.

And of course, such a good day begats the beginning of another good day because my sugar is so stable all night from not eating anywhere near close to bedtime. And it also seems that my body handles meals (provides insulin) far better if it has had a good 12-14 hours fast every night, beginning well before bedtime.

Therefore, I am going to make a big deal out of it. I said before that I would follow the 6:00 p.m. rule absolutely, but I still made exceptions, just out of a "what the heck" attitude. But from now on, I am going to always follow this, even if I am really hungry and I end up having to totally skip supper. Even if I end up having one or two meals in a day only. I am going to be fasting in the evening. Going to get my nourishment mainly at breakfast and lunch (or a late lunch and no supper) so that it won't matter much if supper is skipped. In fact, a lot of days go that way quite natural and comfortably: I eat breakfast and then get around to lunch about 4:00 p.m., and feel great all day and all evening, not having supper.

I really think this will be key, based on my observations and feelings, plus the fact that the 8:00 p.m. rule (which started this whole concept) was personal revelation from God as being key.