Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Chicken or the Egg

My answer to which came first is I don't know.

This epitomizes my attitude about such things. Some folks cannot believe the Bible's main message if the entire Bible is in their eyes flawless (flawless according to their own criteria), so they force themselves to believe that everything must be explained and that (for example) there is no way we came from apes. They end up just the same as the clergy who embarrassed themselves by proclaiming the earth was flat and by persecuting Galileo and his ilk.

Why not just be honest with yourself and be content with what you do know? Why try to prove anything else? It is because men try to know and be more than they do and are that there is more than one Christian church in the world today.

In regard to evolution, science, creation, doctrine, I am content that whatever happened and however it took place did so, no matter what I think. Therefore, why worry or even wonder? I talk to God; He talks to me. I know that much so it makes no difference to me how I came to be. I also know that God wills organized religion - as long as it was organized by Him, and that there are necessary ordinances and oblations administered formally through His priesthood to gaining His presence again. I know this because He talks to me. He talks to anyone who is not afraid to seek Him where He is.

The Bible's main message? Repent, for Christ lives, having died for us. Repent and live forever. It's all through the Old Testament as well as the New.