Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Restart

I restarted not too many posts back, but have been eating rather poorly since. I have been using a lot of insulin (compared to 0-2 units) - about 30 units per day, roughly. That is, right up until the night before last. It just got to the point where I couldn't even tell whether I was high or low and my insides and feet were feeling fried and with a bit of neuropathy and rash thrown in. So I went ultra on my diet again. Felt better right away and have used less than 6 units per day.

So for the last two days, I have been mainly eating sprouted spelt/barley, sunflower seeds, beef, celery, asparagus, carrot, rutebaga and cooked beans with raw sprouted millet.

I also had some eggs, mushrooms, onions, cheese, peanut butter, cream, milk.

A carrot and sunflower seed power breakfast is good.