Sunday, July 12, 2009

Bad Day

Today for some reason I was really hungry and weak all morning going to and being at church. I did not eat, but that is not unusual for Sunday. In fact, it is normal - since I am so physical the rest of the week, it only makes sense to me to go to church fasting since I'm not hungry and won't be doing much. But today I was hungry.

So when I got home, I had a peeeeeerrrrrfect meal. But then Sharon cooked chicken too. And then the cream was sitting there.......

I ate too much. I was 249. For the first time in 12 years, I was just sick of running just because of my sugar. I went to sleep. I woke up and tested again: 260. I didn't want to at all, but I went around the bridge loop on foot again. But this time, I walked most of the way. I didn't feel well in general and also had a heartburn/hiccup/squid effect thing going on with my tubes.

So this isn't a blog about how easy it is to get over diabetes easy in one year. It's a blog about how I'm going to be and how I'm doing so far and how I still believe they are wrong when they say "incurable! here's some meds."